Residential Block Management Services
Residential Block Management is our core business and we have established a reputation over the years for being professional, reliable and proactive, whilst at the same time adopting a flexible approach to the properties under our management.
Partners, Ian Stanistreet and Ian Magenis have overall responsibility for the Property Management department nationwide. Our teams have a considerable number of years’ experience in Property Management and all of our property managers are members of the Institute of Residential Property Managers (IRPM) and many have achieved AssocRICS status.
What Is Block Management?
Block management goes by many different names in the industry; leasehold management, property management, service charge management, and estate management are just a few. It's the process of managing the communal areas in residential properties through a service charge. Management companies will provide a range of services to keep the property looking good whilst ensuring the health & safety of the occupiers and visitors.
Block management requires constant communication. Managing agents deal with numerous contractors, from repairs, heating, lifts, lighting, and gardening. Block management involves the consistent coordination of these areas to ensure your block keeps running smoothly.
Proud RICS & ARMA Members
The leasehold sector is currently unregulated which means anyone can set up as a managing agent and start charging for their services without any qualifications or experience.
As members of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) and the Association of Residential Managing Agents (ARMA) we hold ourselves to the highest service levels in the industry. ARMA-Q has a set of professional standards that we meet, so you can rest assured knowing consumer protection and best practice in all areas of residential property management is at our core.
Because of this, we can tap into a high level of support and regulation. Scanlan's Property Management prides itself on complete compliance with current legislation and abide by the strict code of professional conduct of practice issued by the RICS.
Our Block Management Services Include:
Our clients can rely on us for the following management services:
- Collection and management of service charge funds
- Arrears – chasing and collection with legal action as necessary.
- Specification and arrangement of regular and specialist maintenance
- Site Inspections
- Advice on Health & Safety Requirements
- Provision of Service Charge Accounts in compliance with current regulations
- Company Secretarial Services
- Ground Rent collection
- Service of relevant notices in compliance with Section 20 of the Landlord & Tenant Act 1985, in respect of major works
- Chairing Residents Meetings and Annual General Meetings
Benefits of using an ARMA member
Using a block management company that is a member of ARMA has some great benefits to those who chose us as their management company. Our clients know that we put their interests first and ensure complete transparency in our management services.
- We have the right professional experience: every member of ARMA has to have at least two years residential management experience. And they have to prove it.
- We hold service charge money legally and safely: all members must demonstrate they hold service charge monies in trust as required by law.
- We have Professional Indemnity Insurance: this covers our clients against inadequate advice and negligence relating to members.
- We are dedicated to and bound by professional standards: all ARMA agents must comply with the RICS Service Charge Residential Management Code. This code defines best practice in our sector.
That's why we are one of the leading residential management companies in the UK. You won't regret choosing us as your management agents. Our team will do everything in their power to prove that.
According to an article by The @Independent, Japanese knotweed has knocked £20bn off value of UK property market.… https://t.co/A6YaG6t3hf
Looking for things to do in #Birmingham? Here are @timeoutbirm’s top 20 recommendations. https://t.co/jE7OLhURzX https://t.co/n96cdz8lL3
Great property in the heart of #Manchester! https://t.co/SZ6bYFXZoQ
Income generated from property often represents a significant proportion of a person’s earning ...Read More
Block Management Company: Key Questions to Consider Whether it’s due to poor communication, o ...Read More
Maintaining consistently high standards within a residential block is essential and finding the righ ...Read More