The Best Areas to Rent in Leeds in 2022
If you’re looking for a city that has it all, Leeds is the place to be. With plenty of job and entertainment options, plus a low cost of living, it’s no wonder this city is booming. If you’re looking for the best areas to rent in Leeds in 2022, you’re in luck – we’ve got the scoop on the best spots in town!
Why Rent in Leeds in 2022?
Thanks to a recent boom in the rental market, Leeds has become a super trendy place to live. With brand new builds popping up all over the city centre, you’ll have your pick of modern apartments, flats and houses when it comes time to move in. And if you live in any of the best areas to rent in Leeds in 2022, you’ll be close to all the action!
With a strong music and arts scene, top-notch entertainment venues and restaurants, plus an assortment of bars and pubs, there’s always something to do in Leeds. And if you’re looking for some outdoor activities, the city has plenty of parks and green spaces too.
You Might Like: The Best Areas To Rent in Manchester
Leeds Areas Based On Activities
Outdoors & Scenery
The city of Leeds is surrounded by stunning countryside, which makes for great hiking, biking and camping trips. Just a short drive from the city centre, you’ll find plenty of options for enjoying the great outdoors, including:
- Woodhouse Moor Park: This huge park has tons of things to do, including grassy fields for picnics and sports, plus walking trails through the surrounding woods. You can even check out the Leeds University campus on your doorstep! Renting in the area of Woodhouse will put you within walking distance of this green space.
- Roundhay Park: This park is huge, with plenty of space for running, cycling and picnicking. It also has a beautiful lake, perfect for a relaxing stroll. If you’re looking for a scenic area to rent in Leeds, Roundhay is a great choice.
- Temple Newsam: This stunning estate features a huge house, gardens and parklands – plus there’s an adventure playground, so the whole family will have fun here. One of the best areas to rent in Leeds if you like the outdoors!
Nightlife in Leeds
Whether you’re more of a pub person or a clubber, Leeds has something for everyone when it comes to nightlife. If you’re looking for an area with plenty of action after dark, try moving to:
- The Northern Quarter: This neighbourhood is the place to be for bars, pubs and clubs – perfect if you love to party.
- Call Lane: Packed with restaurants, pubs and bars, as well as a few trendy nightclubs, this area is perfect for those who love to eat and drink.
- Leeds Gay Quarter: If you’re looking for a thriving LGBTQ+ nightlife scene, look no further than Leeds Gay Quarter – usually considered to include Lower Briggate and the Calls. With plenty of clubs and bars to choose from, and a booming live entertainment scene, you’ll never be bored here.
Leeds Cultural Hubs
If cultural monuments and activities are your cup of tea, you’ll love living in one of Leeds’ many cultural hubs. These neighbourhoods are home to art galleries, theatres and museums, as well as a variety of trendy restaurants and bars:
- The Calls: This area is home to the Royal Armouries Museum and Victoria Quarter, as well as a ton of exciting restaurants and bars.
- Headingley: This area is close to Headingley Stadium and the Leeds Cricket Ground, so if sports are your thing, this is a great place to rent. You’ll also find plenty of places to eat and pubs here.
- Sebel: With the Merrion Centre and some excellent cafes and restaurants on your doorstep, it’s easy to see why Sebel is a popular neighbourhood. Plus, it’s close to the city centre, so you’ll never be too far from the action.
- Hyde Park: This park is huge and has something for everyone, from a lake for fishing and boating, to an athletics track, playgrounds and a bandstand.
- The Wharf: There’s an array of shops, boutiques and cafes to explore in this beautiful riverside location. Plus, it’s close to two universities, so you’ll always have something new to discover here!
Related Reading: Landlord vs Property Managers: The Major Differences
The Best Areas to Rent in Leeds in 2022
This popular area is known for its wide variety of restaurants and bars, as well as a handful of pubs. Thanks to the beautiful countryside surrounding the village, there are plenty of great places to enjoy outdoor activities too.
This idyllic suburb has lots of parks and sports fields to enjoy. It’s also home to a few of the best pubs in Leeds, so you’ll never be short of somewhere to have fun with friends.
Located near Roundhay Park, this area is perfect for outdoor lovers. If you love sports, there are plenty of leisure centres that give you access to swimming pools, gyms and more. Plus, there are plenty of restaurants and pubs in the area too.
This student neighbourhood is packed with great places to eat, drink and party. With a vibrant nightlife scene, it’s perfect for those who love to get out and have fun.
This suburb is located on the banks of the River Aire and is known for its beautiful bridges and river walks. It’s also home to a few of the best pubs in Leeds, making it a great spot for socialising.
This trendy area is popular among young professionals. With a bustling nightlife scene, loads of restaurants and some great bars too, it’s perfect for having fun with your friends.
If you’re looking for somewhere to live near all the action, why not try moving to the waterfront? It’s home to a huge variety of different bars, pubs and clubs. Plus, there are plenty of things to do outside too!
This rural area is perfect for those who love the great outdoors. With plenty of fields and parks, you can enjoy all kinds of outdoor activities here. And if you’re craving a good dose of culture too, the city centre is just around the corner.
This leafy suburb is located just north of the city centre. It’s perfect for those who want to be close to all the action, but still enjoy a peaceful neighbourhood. With plenty of parks and green spaces, as well as a few restaurants and pubs, it has everything you need.
Looking For a Block Management Company For Your Leeds Rental?
Looking for a block management company for your Leeds rental property? With offices across The Midlands & The North in Leeds, Manchester, Liverpool, Chester & Birmingham, we have an expert team in place to take care of all your property management needs.
At Scanlan’s Property Management we provide first-class block management services and support to our clients, so you can focus on what really matters and leave the rest up to us.
Contact Us Today Find Out More!